Third Best Practices in Data Analysis and Statistics Symposium
(Again, it is the third symposium, not the third-best solution.)
About the symposium
Date September 7-8, 2023
Aims While many new methods are developed these days that are applicable in behavioral sciences, many valuable older methods are not used because they are not accessible, because researchers do not know how to use them, or because researchers do not even know about them. The aim of the Best practices symposium is to popularize either new or old solutions, familiarize researchers with these methods, and make these methods more accessible. In addition, the symposium is an excellent opportunity to discuss and evaluate various methods to improve research practice.
Program, abstracts, and slides
- September 7
- 11:00-14:00 Presentations
- 14:00-15:00 Lunch break
- 15:00-18:00 Hands-on tutorials
- 19:00- Dinner and socializing
- September 8
- 9:00-12:00 Hands-on tutorials
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch break
- 13:00-14:00 Hands-on tutorials
Registration for participants
Registration fee There is no registration fee for the workshop.
Register Admission is free, but because of the limited seats, please, register for the event. After the limited places are filled, we will not be able to accept further registrations.
Social media Find some friends coming to the symposium at Facebook event.
Supporter The symposium is supported by the Institute of Psychology, University of Pécs.
Web hosting The symposium website is hosted by CogStat.
Call for abstracts
Submission is closed. Still, we have a few free spots, and if you have a topic to share with the participants, contact András Zsidó to discuss the possibilities.
Presentations Potential talks on the first day may include:
- Presentation of new methods, preferably also offering computational tools
- Presentation of older methods that are less known among researchers
- Demonstration of software solutions that could make the analysis more efficient
- Presentation of tutorials that introduce either new or older methods
Small group hands-on tutorials On the second day, small group hands-on tutorials can also be given. Potential tutorials may be:
- 60-120 minutes long
- They may require participants to have their own computer with appropriate software installed on it
- Participants will register separately for the tutorial sessions
Submission Submit your abstract by filling out this form.
Deadline The deadline for abstract submission is July 23, 2023.